Regardless of the size or nature of your business, if you use a vehicle as part of your commercial activities, you will need to be clear on your motor insurance liabilities.
1. Exchange names, addresses and insurance details with all of the parties involved.
2. Obtain the names and addresses of any independent witnesses.
3. Refrain from any admission of liability.
In addition, please note the following guidelines:
• A claim form should be completed for all claims, whether your vehicle is damaged or not as soon as possible.
• Where damage is caused to your vehicle, you are responsible for your policy excess and you will be expected to pay this sum to the garage in addition to the VAT.
• If the vehicle is still safe to drive, please obtain a repair estimate and advise Lycetts when the vehicle is going into the repairers, allowing sufficient time to arrange an inspection if necessary.
• If the vehicle is not safe to drive, please obtain a repair estimate and advise Lycetts where the vehicle is so that an inspection can be arranged. If the vehicle is beyond economical repair, a cash value is agreed with you based on the market value of the vehicle at the time of the loss. In these circumstances, insurers will require the original log book, valid MOT certificate and any spare keys.
• If you need to hire alternative transport, you must mitigate your losses, keeping such costs to a minimum. Lycetts will attempt to recover uninsured losses from the third party if they are legally responsible.
• When someone claims against you, send all correspondence to Lycetts without delay. If you or your driver is to be prosecuted for an offence following an accident, send a copy of the summons to Lycetts (in most circumstances your insurance company will be prepared to defend the action on your behalf and pay costs incurred with their consent).
Lycetts SME insurance team is experienced in advising and acting on behalf of small and...read more
Lycetts offers a range of retailers and manufacturers insurance, with cover perfect for a...read more
Lycetts insures the risks associated with a range of property development with our...read more
Our experienced staff understand your needs.
Read more about developments both in insurance and at Lycetts.
January 19, 2018
Recently-released figures from Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) revealed that more than one million incidents of fly-tipping were dealt with by councils in England in 2016-17, costing taxpayers nationally £58m to clear up.read more
January 18, 2018
Lycetts has opened a new office at Berwick St Leonard, near Tisbury, Wiltshire, bolstering its presence in the South West. The new office sees Lycetts establish its 17th location nationwide, and it’s third in the South West, alongside sites in Marlborough and Exeter.read more
Newcastle Risk Management
Newcastle Risk Management