Driving abroad

January 6th 2021

The transition period with the European Union came to an end on 31st December last year and so with immediate effect you will need to obtain a Green Card if you intend to travel abroad with your vehicle.

Please get in touch with your usual contact in our Motor Dept. to obtain a Green Card, or if you are not already an agricultural fleet motor client we would be delighted to look after you in the future, just let us know your motor insurance renewal date by clicking here: info@lycetts.co.uk and we’ll be back in touch in plenty of time to sort things out for you.

Please note that an additional Green Card is required if towing a trailer or caravan.

The following information is required in order to issue a Green Card:

– Details of vehicle being driven
– Dates of travel

The Motor Dept. will forward a Green Card by email for you to print out which must be taken with you and produced at Border Control Points. Some insurers are issuing the documentation direct so please provide at least two weeks notice prior to your intended trip.

For further information, please visit:


Share Online

Our People

We provide our clients with more than just insurance solutions.

Our experienced staff understand your needs.

Previous Next
Colin Sadller 3

Colin Sadler


Simon Harper 3

Simon Harper


Will McCarter 3

William McCarter

Divisional Director

Adrian Prior

Account Executive

Harry Evans

Account Handler