At Lycetts, we can help farming clients protect their vehicles from theft and damage. We have a large range of farm motor insurance policies available, depending on the size and nature of your fleet — from single commercial vehicles through to heavy goods vehicles and special terrain vehicles.
Our dedicated motor broking and claims team can provide a personal and experienced level of service to ensure the correct cover for your vehicle or fleet, taking into account the full needs of your business.
While some brokers will insist on separate policies for private, commercial and agricultural vehicles, at Lycetts we are able to combine vehicles into one farm motor insurance policy as your business grows.
We can also provide cover for any trailer or agricultural implement towed by a motor vehicle or transported on the front or rear of an agricultural vehicle. Cover provided will be at the same level as the towing vehicle.
Like all our services, farm motor insurance cover is provided on a personalised basis via a dedicated account handler, who will address every aspect of your motoring insurance needs. With a flexible, one-to-one approach and access to some of the best cover on the market, we add money-can’t-buy value to clients seeking a competitive motor insurance policy.
Why not also check out our full rural insurance services?
In addition, please note the following:
• Any incident must be reported to your Insurance company once safe to do so, whether your vehicle is damaged or not. Details of your Insurer’s helpline can be found on your helpline card or policy schedule.
• Where claiming for damage to your own vehicle, you are responsible for your policy excess. This payment must be made to the garage upon completion of your repairs, in addition to the VAT (if applicable).
• If your vehicle is damaged, please arrange for a repair estimate and take suitable supporting images. Details of the images required can be found here. Please forward these documents to Lycetts and allow time for the Insurer to consider and authorise the repairs.
• If the vehicle is beyond economical repair, a cash value settlement will be agreed with you based on the current market value of your vehicle, minus your excess. In these circumstances your insurers will require the original log book (V5c document), valid MOT certificate, vehicle service history and any spare keys. Forward these documents to Lycetts to handle on your behalf.
• If you need to hire alternative transport, you must mitigate your losses, keeping such costs to a minimum. Lycetts will attempt to recover uninsured losses, including your excess, from the Third Party if they are legally responsible.
• When someone claims against you, send all correspondence to Lycetts without delay.
• If you have any questions, please contact the Lycetts office on 0191 232 1151 and a member of our Claims Team will gladly assist with your query.
Lycetts is a specialist provider of farm property insurance, covering a wide range of...read more
Lycetts farm insurance extends to cover for all types of agriculture and crop insurance...read more
Lycetts offers farms with livestock businesses access to comprehensive insurance, tailored...read more
Our experienced staff understand your needs.
Read more about developments both in insurance and at Lycetts.
December 2, 2019read more
Newcastle Risk Management
Newcastle Risk Management