Regardless of the size or nature of your business, if you use a vehicle as part of your commercial activities, you will need to be clear on your motor insurance liabilities.
1. Exchange names, addresses and insurance details with all of the parties involved.
2. Obtain the names and addresses of any independent witnesses.
3. Refrain from any admission of liability.
In addition, please note the following guidelines:
• A claim form should be completed for all claims, whether your vehicle is damaged or not as soon as possible.
• Where damage is caused to your vehicle, you are responsible for your policy excess and you will be expected to pay this sum to the garage in addition to the VAT.
• If the vehicle is still safe to drive, please obtain a repair estimate and advise Lycetts when the vehicle is going into the repairers, allowing sufficient time to arrange an inspection if necessary.
• If the vehicle is not safe to drive, please obtain a repair estimate and advise Lycetts where the vehicle is so that an inspection can be arranged. If the vehicle is beyond economical repair, a cash value is agreed with you based on the market value of the vehicle at the time of the loss. In these circumstances, insurers will require the original log book, valid MOT certificate and any spare keys.
• If you need to hire alternative transport, you must mitigate your losses, keeping such costs to a minimum. Lycetts will attempt to recover uninsured losses from the third party if they are legally responsible.
• When someone claims against you, send all correspondence to Lycetts without delay. If you or your driver is to be prosecuted for an offence following an accident, send a copy of the summons to Lycetts (in most circumstances your insurance company will be prepared to defend the action on your behalf and pay costs incurred with their consent).
We have a wide spectrum of products suitable for your individual requirements.
Lycetts SME insurance team is experienced in advising and acting on behalf of small and...read more
Lycetts offers a range of retailers and manufacturers insurance, with cover perfect for a...read more
From alterations of existing structures to new build projects, our insurance programmes...read more