At Lycetts we believe that the ultimate test of insurance is when an insurance claim is made. We also believe that our insurance claims service is one of the most important aspects of client care.
We are a rarity now in continuing to offer a personal insurance claims service from your local office. While your broker will remain your key point of contact at Lycetts, he or she is now supported by a specialist claims referral unit based in the Newcastle office. They deal with all manner of property, liability and motor insurance claims and their experience and expertise is now freely available to every client.
Our aim is to provide an efficient and friendly service from the outset, leading you through the process with clearly set out expectations. One of the innovations introduced is our First Notification of Loss (FNOL) form which is now accepted by our scheme insurers.
This form is completed over the telephone by the broker or claims handler with the claimant. By collecting the critical information in one call we are able to initiate the claim without delay. In certain instances, where claims are straightforward and less than, say £2,500, some insurers are able to have funds paid by bank transfer the same day.
As is the case with all insurance claims, having the relevant information and documentation relating to the cause of loss or damage, time, date and location of the incident as well as your bank details to hand, means we can drive the negotiation process from the outset.
To ensure the insurance claims process runs as smoothly as possible please:
- Report an insurance claim as soon as possible after it occurs;
- Be prepared to obtain comparative quotes to ensure that you and the insurer obtains best value;
- Let us know if you can reclaim VAT;
- Have your bank details to hand;
- Copy us into correspondence with a loss adjuster allowing us to intervene if necessary. Always refer back to us if you are not entirely sure about any aspect of the claim; and
- Consider taking out the widest cover possible. Extending cover to include accidental damage means that the most unlikely incidents may be covered.
In the months following the establishment of the referral unit, claimant feedback has revealed a satisfaction level of 95 per cent. We can do better still and we will always listen to your feedback and continually strive to improve our service.